The name of the new scholarship program is Cameco-Des Nedhe Scholarship Program.
A new scholarship program is in the process of becoming finalized and will be effective for the upcoming Fall 2017 Intake. Tentative scholarships for ERFN post-secondary students will be awarded following the application procedure that will be posted on the www.erfn.net website and future upcoming newsletters. Tentative award information is as follows:
• 3 x $1500 for 1st year students
• 3 x $1500 for 2nd year students
• 3 x $1500 for 3rd/4th year students
• 1 x $1500 for masters/doctorate student
The following is the eligibility requirements:
• any ERFN Member on band registry is eligible for this scholarship;
• must be accepted into a university/technical/trades school program to receive an award;
• students must maintain a 65 average to receive 2nd part of scholarship (in line with ERFN student policy); and
• students who are enrolling in mining related courses are given preference.
Application Deadline and Payment Schedule
Applications must be submitted by May 30
1st payment to students September 1
2nd payment to students January 1
Points based system
Multi-party comprised of Des Nedhe, Cameco, and ERFN representatives.
The application form will be posted and available once it is developed.
Please watch the ERFN website and newsletter for further information or contact ERFN AESSP Counsellor Kristina Duffee at 306-221-9285.